I love this one as it is so easy to make with only a couple of steps, and the visual result is a deep tasty green.
First fry one chopped onion and 2 cloves garlic in one big tablespoon of butter. One transparent add the following and cook for 5 mins:
- 3 small potatoes, roughly chopped in 2 cm cubes
- 200 ml chicken stock
- good pinch of sea salt, to taste
- one tablespoon of dried Italian herbs
Afterwards add the following and cook for 10 mins:
- around 350g of green asparagus, chopped in 3 cms pieces
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 100 ml milk
- 2 tbls (wholemeal) flour
Then add the following and cook for a couple of mins, making sure the potatoes and asparagus are done:
- big bunch of spinach
- lots of fresh ground pepper
Blend with a hand-blender. Serve with some wholemeal bread.