In a soup pan fry the following for 3 mins in some sunflower oil:
- 2 red onions, chopped
- 3 small thinly sliced carrots
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
Cook/fry for another 3 mins, possibly adding a bit of water to ease the cooking, and then add:
- 1 litre chicken/vegetable stock
- salt to taste
- 4 pre-cooked packaged beetroots sliced 2 ways
Cook for another 4 minutes, then smooth using a hand blender, add a tin of lentils and cook for another 4 mins. Decorate with sprouts (optional).
I love this one because it is so easy to make, with just two cooking steps, but rich in taste. Here goes:
Fry one chopped onion in 3 tbs sunflower oil until soft, then add:
- one pumpkin, washed, not peeled and chopped in approx 2 or 3 cm cubes (after seeds are scooped out)
- 600 ml chicken stock
- one orange or tangerine, cut in 4 pieces
- 2 or 3 carrots, sliced
- 40g of your favourite curry paste, preferably yellow
- one 400g coconut milk
Let cook gently for 25 mins until pumpkin and carrot are soft, then add one small tin of lentils and cook further for another 5 mins.
Once ready add a little cream (optional) and cream with a hand blender. Add some water if required.
Add 20 g of chopped coriander.