- 5 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs dried origano
- 1 tsp hot paprika powder (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp chicken spice (optional)
- juice of one lemon
- 150 ml white wine (optional)
pour the above over 4 chicken breasts or thighs and bake in a 230 oC oven for 45/50 mins. Nothing could be easier or tastier!
Tip: serve with roasted pumpkin as in above.
This is one of my favourites, easy to make, looks great and can be eaten cold, so excellent if you have friends over and juggling time with other dishes.
- packet of basil, lightly cut in pieces
- approx. one garlic clove (pressed)
- 8 tbls olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 6 tasty tomatoes cut in thin slices
- 2 mozzarellas, also in thin slices
- 1 packet lasagne pasta
- 1 pack rucola or any other fresh small salad
Mix the basil, garlic, olive oil, salt and tomatoes and allow to stand. Cook the pasta for around 8-9 mins in salty water.
Starting with a layer of pasta apply the basil mixture followed by the mozzarella and rucola. Apply another layer of pasta and do the same. Finish up with a pasta layer, seasoned and topped with cheese of your choice, preferably parmesan.
For those who are lactose intolerant, you can replace mozzarella with goat cheese and works just the same.
Serves 4, as a starter.