This one can be made in volume, and never disappoints. And did I mention how healthy it is?
Mix together in a good blender the following until pureed:
- around 600g large tomatoes
- 2 large teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 red or orange pepper (paprika)
- 1 onion
- 1 large clove garlic or two if you want it garlicky
- juice of 1 lime
- handful of fresh basil leaves
- around 400 ml water
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon good balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Optional: you can add a small bunch of fresh mint to the blender and Worcestershire sauce to taste when serving.
A great variation for ginger lovers: reduce garlic and add two inches of fresh ginger, to taste.